How the Trade Facilitation Agreement makes your (business) life easier
Our members, PLN Advisory have put together a great update on Fiji's efforts in making Fiji the trade, investment and manufacturing hub of the Pacific.
— By Jinita Prasad and Nathalie King
As the second biggest importer and exporter in the Pacific region, Fiji already represents exciting opportunities to foreign investors. The Fiji Governments’ approval of the TFA represents yet another advance in Fiji’s free trade policy as it now takes steps to accession of the agreement. The TFA is also in line with Fiji's Trade Policy Framework, recognising the importance of its small and medium businesses. It promises to increase trade effectiveness and reduce costs by:
- improving the exchange of information for better compliance;
- expediting the movement, release and clearance of goods; and
- facilitating trade beyond the TFA through active opportunity for reform.
- Fiji Parliament gazetted approval for the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in February 2017, in its strive towards making Fiji the trade, investment and manufacturing hub of the Pacific.
- TFA brings about a global reform in customs procedures. It aims to improve efficiency in trade and moving of goods across borders which can prove to be quite burdensome on small and medium-sized enterprises.
Becoming the Pacific’s Hub: Fiji and E-C...
Member company, Pacific Legal Network provide a great update on Fiji's efforts t... 5th May 2017
Year end trading surprises SPSE
Some unexpected good news as the South Pacific Stock Exchange closes out 2016. 10th Jan 2017
AFBC Articles of Interest, November 2016
The following is a selection of articles from various sources relating to Fiji. ... 29th Nov 2016