Prime Minister Sitiveni Rabuka delivered a keynote address at the Prime Minister’s International Business Awards ceremony in Nadi on 25 November, emphasising its profound significance beyond being a mere ceremony. Rabuka highlighted the event’s role in recognising and honouring the dedication and hard work of Fiji’s dynamic business community.
The awards night is a premier event in the country where the best of businesses are recognised for their excellence, innovation, resilience and contribution toward the growth of the Fijian economy. The event is organised each year by Investment Fiji, the country’s trade and investment organisation.
In his address to some six hundred guests who attended, Rabuka lauded the awards as a powerful testament to the unwavering spirit of entrepreneurship, excellence, and innovation displayed by businesses throughout the nation. These qualities, he credited, play a pivotal role in shaping Fiji’s current economic standing.
“We are gathered to celebrate the excellence, innovation, and unwavering spirit of entrepreneurship that businesses have shown, enabling Fiji to be where it is today,” said Prime Minister Rabuka. He acknowledged the resilience and creativity demonstrated by many businesses, noting that the awards serve as an opportunity to set higher standards, boost confidence, and elevate morale, ultimately contributing to the creation of additional jobs.
Rabuka said the awards shine a spotlight not only businesses with a proven track record of success but also those reshaping strategies for a sustainable and innovative future. The focus, he asserted, extends beyond past achievements to businesses actively contributing to the country’s economic growth and pioneering new pathways.
The ceremony recognised outstanding achievements across various categories:
- Supreme Award: Fiji Airways
- Excellence in Innovation Award: Vodafone Fiji
- Excellence in E-Commerce Transformation Award: Fiji Ports Corporation Limited
- Excellence in Service Award: Fiji Airways
- Primary Industry Excellence Award: Tropik Wood Industries
- Executive of the Year Award: Andre Viljoen
- Best Sustainability Initiative Award: Waste Recyclers Fiji
- Excellence in Outsourcing: Pacific Centercom Fiji
- Best Crisis Recovery Initiative Award: Fiji Ports Corporation Limited
- Agribusiness Innovation Challenge Award: Yanuyanu Limited
- Premier Large Business Operating Internationally Award: Tropik Wood Industries
- Premier Medium Business Operating Internationally Award: CBS Power Solutions Fiji
- Premier Small Business Operating Internationally Award: Zonah United
Additionally, Recognition Awards were presented to Pacific Fishing Company Limited, Rosie Travel Tour Group, Port Denarau Marina, and Douglas Pharmaceuticals Fiji Limited.
The Australia Fiji Business Council was represented at the awards by Dev Nadkarni, Communications and Partnerships Strategist.